Community Engagement Manager
Position: Community Engagement Manager
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Community Engagement Manager. The successful candidate will lead an integrated approach to and external relations at Conexión Américas through the development strategy. This position helps to advance Conexión Américas’ mission by sustaining and expanding our community of supporters and fostering relationships that result in long-lasting goodwill. The Community Engagement Manager supports all of the organization’s development initiatives, leading event planning, and community engagement strategies.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Development and Strategic Growth.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
Pay range: $53,000 - $55,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to Ariel Safdie, Director of Development and Strategic Growth, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
Please include the following email subject header: Application Community Engagement Manager- FIRST NAME, LAST NAME
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Planning and Management
● Lead the planning and execution of annual fundraising events such as Cafecito, Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration & Awards Ceremony and Battle of the Paellas in order to meet fundraising and friendraising goals as identified in the development strategy.
● Lead the organization’s volunteer program including coordinating volunteers, sending the volunteer newsletter, volunteer appreciation, communicating and building positive relationships with a network of volunteers, and volunteer data entry and maintenance in the organization’s Customer Relationship Management software.
● Lead Conexión Américas’ internship program.
● Meet community engagement and friendraising goals through planning mixers,
friendraisers, and other events to reach key audiences and introduce new stakeholders to the mission of the organization.
● Be the lead spokesperson for Conexión Américas at booths, community events and development centered speaking engagements. Be the lead staff member to coordinate and provide tours of Casa Azafrán.
● Lead merchandise sales and meeting merchandise fundraising goals, including ordering inventory, tracking and reporting sales.
● Responsible for CRM and website maintenance for development events and volunteer/intern programs. Supports Communications and Marketing with basic social media for development initiatives, as well as basic updates of development related events to the webpage and organizational blog.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
● Bachelor's degree
● Enjoys development community engagement and outreach
● Minimum 2 years of experience in nonprofit event planning, external relations, communications, or related field
● Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed
● Enjoys working in fast-paced work environments
● High attention to detail
● Must have access to reliable transportation
● Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and managing data
● Exceptional written, oral communications and public speaking skills
● Ability to effectively build and nurture relationships with diverse individuals
● Capacity to be a “tough-minded optimist,” always acting to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude required
● Self-motivated, well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
● Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
● Bilingual Spanish/English abilities, preferred
● Must pass background check
● Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
We focus on four areas of community impact:
Social Integration (family engagement, youth development and college access and success), Economic Integration (microentrepreneurship, financial education, English classes, digital literacy and tax preparation), Civic Integration (advocacy and leadership development), and Community Development (arts and placemaking).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com