Reports To: Event Operations Manager/Event Sales Manager
Area of Responsibility: Weddings/Events/Sales/Bar Operations with strong interest executing a variety of events
Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly Full-time 40-hour work week as determined by Event Managers and Director of Event
Basic Function: Responsible for assisting Event Managers in coordination and execution of all weddings/corporate events/bar management for internal and external events at Nashville’s top rated wedding venue. Excellent entry level position with opportunity for growth and development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Cheekwood liaison during a variety of events including weddings, corporate events, and bar management during internal and external programming from set up to take down.
- Knowledgeable of all Cheekwood rules and regulations regarding event planning and execution.
- Works directly with clients, vendors, planners, and staff as the event supervisor during weddings/events.
- Assists Event Operations Manager/Event Sales Manager with execution/ coordination/ acting as a liaison for Cheekwood and vendors for internal events including but not limited to Development, Public Programs, Education, President’s Office, etc.
- Conduct pre-site visit screenings; discuss budget, best venue options for client seeking elopement, ceremony only, smaller scale events.
- Work with clients on event logistics post contract for elopements, ceremony only, and smaller scale events.
- Sell and execute all smaller daytime bookings (I.e., photo sessions and proposals.)
- Aid Event Managers in creative processes such as cash bar menu development, bar packages for private events, image boards for various events, small marketing efforts.
- Responsible for training and supervising staff as determined by the Event Operations Manager.
- Required to be on-site for all weddings/events as assigned.
- Responsible for post event site clean-up and trash removal.
- Works with Event Operations Manager to coordinate all equipment rentals and set up for all internal and external weddings/events.
- Prepares weekly updates of all upcoming weddings/events for Event Operations Manager.
- Prepares information packet for internal departments, such as vendor lists, BEOs, client maps.
- Serves as a liaison to ensure that communication is constantly maintained between the vendors during the wedding/event, alerting them of any changes in the schedule of service, challenges or adverse feedback that may arise during the service of a wedding/event.
- Responsible for ensuring that caterers and wait staff clean the buildings inside and out before leaving the property.
- Reviews rental orders, floor plans, timelines, parking maps for external clients.
- Represents and delivers excellent customer service in keeping with Cheekwood’s brand.
- Adheres to all Cheekwood policies and procedures.
- Assists Event Managers with scheduling staff/staff management/ensure staff has all proper ABC licensing.
- Oversee/supervise bartenders as needed for private and public events.
Secondary Activities and Responsibilities
- Represent Cheekwood at a variety of bridal and event marketing opportunities
- Administrative duties; folder composition, filing, and data entry. Phone & email correspondence
- Service bars as needed per bartending or running
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business, sales, or marketing is preferred or one year applicable/equitable experience in a professional setting. Position also requires an updated ABC license for serving alcohol.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extremely organized, yet very flexible; able to work varied hours.
- Ability to handle guests’ requests.
- Valid, current TN ABC license / bartending experience preferred.
- Ability to manage varied duties professionally and work well with staff and vendors.
- Strong analytical thinking skills, problem solving and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail.
- Pro-active and the ability to prioritize and remain calm under pressure.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Passionate about food, beverage, and events with a commitment to client satisfaction.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays as required, many in outdoor settings.
- Excellent computer skills with a familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel applications.
- Minimum 1-year wedding/events experience is preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-profit organization is preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, or to require that other, or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rust jobs, or technological developments).
Send your letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org .