School & Outreach Program Manager
SCHOOL & OUTREACH PROGRAM MANAGER
Work in one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our team members as well. Working closely with the Director of School & Youth Programs, the School & Outreach Program Manager is responsible for all school-related programs, field trips and outreach efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all areas of Outreach programs including but not limited to Art Outreach and Destination Cheekwood
- Coordinating program initiation, logistics and scheduling
- Maintaining program budgets and tracking program attendance
- Identifying and hiring teaching artists for appropriate programs
- Creating supplemental educational or interpretive materials
- Representing Cheekwood at off-site outreach events and festivals
- Supervising part-time staff associated with programs
- Participating in opportunities to further the organization’s reach in the community
- Provide program data for funding proposals, reports, and other development requests
- Responsible for all areas of School Programs including but not limited to school tour content and materials, home school programs, teacher appreciation day, and professional development trainings
- Collaboration with other departments as needed for tour and program content, logistics, marketing, and implementation
- Development and oversight of tour curriculum and supplemental materials for curriculum-based tours as well as temporary exhibitions
- Update existing educational materials and tour curriculum on a regular basis
- Building and maintaining a relationship with the Metro school system, neighboring school systems in the surrounding counties, as well as private and parochial schools and other cultural institutions
- Preparing and providing material for docent trainings as needed
- Maintaining program budget and tracking tour attendance
- Coordination of Teacher Advisory Committee
- Responsible for the development and execution of teacher professional development workshops
- Responsible for budgets related to program areas and maintaining accurate attendance figures.
- Serve as Cheekwood liaison to school partners such as the Pencil Foundation and Museum Magnet Schools; develop and maintain relationship; schedule annual events and activities.
Secondary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for attending any appropriate events that communicate with schools.
- Assist with departmental activities, programs, and special events.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Education, Science or Art; knowledge of museum education practices and local school systems; organization and communication skills; excellent written communication, and public speaking skills. Must have the ability to be flexible. A responsible attitude and professionalism toward career are essential.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience required, either in the classroom or museum setting; proven track record of prior development and implementation of interpretive programs for students grades pre-K – 12. Familiarity with Nashville public and private schools is ideal.
Cheekwood has a vaccine policy and requires staff members to wear a mask while indoors. This is a full- time position with competitive benefits.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources. at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity workplace