Senior Financial Analyst
Click HERE to apply for this job online.
Role: Sr. Financial Analyst
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Business Intelligence
Location: Nashville, TN
The Sr. Financial Analyst is tasked with collaborating with business partners to execute annual/strategic planning and short/long-term forecasting, providing consolidated views of financial/operational performance and tracking against short-term and long-term key metrics, and delivering proactive, value-added analysis, insights, and performance reporting. To accomplish this, the Sr. Financial Analyst must have a solid knowledge of finance and/or business analytics, reporting tools, and financial system & statements. In addition, the Sr. Financial Analyst will work closely with business partners to understand business priorities and alignment on deliverables.
This position reports to the Director, of Business Intelligence.
We are looking for people who are:
- Challenges the status quo
- Problem Solver
- Execution Focused
- Self Starter
- Eager to learn new skills
Key Job Functions*:
- Partner with functional leaders to understand trends, drivers, risks, and opportunities in plans and forecasts. Proactively identify risks/opportunities for communication with key stakeholders.
- Support annual/strategic planning and ongoing forecasting by guiding business partners through planning processes, creation of planning tools and templates, review of plan submissions, data validations, and preparation of plan review materials. Create and distribute standard reporting around plans/forecasts for use by business partners.
- Prepare relevant, timely, and actionable business performance analysis and insights highlighting key performance drivers to enable decision-making.
- Provide financial support for key executive business reviews (including monthly finance and operations meetings, monthly/quarterly business reviews, BoD meetings, etc.)
- Create standard and exception-based reporting and dashboarding with visualizations for review by executive leadership, corporate, and field teams
- Support incentive compensation work streams (production share, earnout, practice manager, etc) including program design, tracking, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis
- Provide support on strategic/charter initiatives drawing on financial and analytical expertise. Create “business cases” that are thoroughly evaluated to ensure investment decisions have clearly defined measures of success and are accretive to platform earnings.
*Please note: this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
A qualified candidate should be an accomplished marketing and customer engagement professional with the following minimum competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related quantitative field plus 4 years of experience in finance or analytic role
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis and modeling
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally.
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Experience in multi-site operations or healthcare setting
- Prior FP&A experience is desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, walking
- Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to maneuver in an office environment (keyboard, phone, copier, and other office equipment
- Mobility is required to maneuver travel requirements.
Southern Orthodontic Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).