Accounting Data Technician
As a multimarket firm, we touch many areas of life: from designing highways and bridges that connect people, to clean water systems, to hospitals and corporate campuses of the future. That’s why we’re able to offer endless opportunities for people to hone their skills and strengthen their understanding of different disciplines and perspectives. Behind all the hard work is a team of really sharp, down-to-earth people who love a good challenge – and a good time.
The Accounting Data Technician is responsible for the collection, recording, validation and retrieval of accounting transactional data originating from source documents in both paper and electronic formats. Must work efficiently to manage a large amount of information that is sensitive and confidential.
This position requires attention to detail and involves many repetitive duties. This individual will support all major accounting functions such as Accounts Payable, Billing, General Ledger, and Payroll. In addition, this position may perform tasks in a backup capacity for other team members, perform quality control checks, and assist with annual audit information requests and other special projects.
Specific Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the payables routing queue for upload and distribution. Requires problem-solving abilities for resolution of exceptions.
- System Data Entry:
- Deferred and Unbilled Revenue
- Journal Entries
- Vendor and Subconsultant Invoices
- Digital File Maintenance.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Reviewing transactional edit lists for accuracy prior to posting.
- Assisting with compliance information requests such as certified payroll.
- Testing new systems and software updates.
- Minimum Education Requirements: Associate Degree with 4+ years of relevant experience or High School Diploma with 8+ years working in a business environment.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles and business processes.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with various computer programs such as MS Office. Familiarity with Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with a good knowledge of English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work under time constraints while prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new technologies or processes quickly.
- Must function well in a team environment as well as work independently.
Gresham Smith is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Gresham Smith provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability or any other classification protected by law.