Join us for the Nashville LGBT Chamber Annual Meeting/Holiday Party!
It’s time to celebrate! Even during a pandemic, we will rise to the occasion. I want to make sure you know about our VIRTUAL Annual Meeting and Holiday Party on Thursday, December 10 from 5:30 to 7:00 PM and share important governance information. (You can see party details and RSVP below or via this page.)
We encourage you to wear your favorite holiday gear, participate in the ugliest holiday background contest, and join our holiday recipe exchange. Lauren says there will also be giveaways and special guests! This is a not-to-be-missed event!
This event is bittersweet as I will be rolling off the board and Steph Ballou will succeed me as President. It’s been my honor to serve you the past six years - three as your president. As such, the 2020 Executive Committee will be:
- Steph Ballou, President
- Terry Vo, Vice President (dependent on membership vote for 2019 board slate)
- Josh Wood, Secretary (pending board slate approval)
- Clayton Klutts, Treasurer
On December 10 we will be voting on the 2020 slate of board members! The official slate of new and renewing board members can be found here. They are:
- Raquel Barlow (nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Adrianna Flax (nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Nikki Gibson (re-nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Olivia Ruth Hill (nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Mac Huffington (re-nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Clayton Klutts (re-nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Jake Martino (re-nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Brady O’Rourke (nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
- Josh Wood (nominated for a Class 2, two-year board term)
Thank you to the following board members are not on the slate but will continue to serve the remainder of their term:
- Stephanie Ballou
- Michelle Brown
- Greg Cason
- Jon Grayson
- Brian Rosman
- Marisa Swystun
- Terry Vo
- Rhonda Weatherford
We need to thank our board members who are rolling off the board! They have volunteered their time and resources to help our chamber and it has been my pleasure to serve with them. In addition to myself they are:
- Donna Drehmann (5 years of service)
- Courtney Lawrence (3 years of service)
- Christopher Lester (3 years of service)
- Taylor Wirth (6 years of service)
As always the LGBT Chamber is nothing without you, our valued members! You make this organization what it is. Thank you.
Wishing you a safe and healthy holiday season!
President of the Board
Nashville LGBT Chamber
You are invited!
Event: Network Connect December: Brewing Up Business | Annual Meeting and Holiday Party
Date: 12/10/2020 at 05:30 PM
Join us for our December Brewing Up Business! This one is special as it acts as our annual meeting of the membership where we elect new board members to serve. We will also celebrate the holidays and an end to a crazy year!
This has been a tough year for everyone. We are nothing without our members and we want to celebrate each and every one of you! Come celebrate and connect with your LGBT Chamber as we celebrate the successes of 2020 and gear up for 2021!
- Deck Your Zoom Square: Wear your favorite holiday gear!
- Ugly Holiday Background Contest: A take on Ugly Christmas Sweaters... let's decorate our Zoom background image. The tackier, the better! You can use the free website, Canva, to create your image. Simply search for "Holiday Zoom Virtual Background" and have fun adding your own embellishments!
- Holiday Recipe Exchange: We will create a website blog with everyone's favorite holiday recipes. Appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, cocktails, whatever you like this time of year! Submit your recipes to Laurenso we can share with our members and friends.
We will have giveaways, special guests, and more!